Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 1999 04:16:48 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
Cc:        Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FICL and setting BTX variables

> This is being worked on. Well, it would be being worked on if I had
> got a single second opinion on how to proceed, but...

Really?  You're waiting for this?  I thought we'd already just agreed
on whatever the last round of discussions produced and were waiting to
move on. :-)

> 	* Right now, all builtins return 1 if no error happened, 0
> otherwise (btw, Jordan, ANS specifies all bits 1 as the "true" value
> :). It is my intention to change this behavior. In fact, I have
> already submitted the patches. If I have it my way, errors will use
> THROW instead.

I can live with all that - we're not tied to the builtin return values
being anything specific, they were chosen arbitrarily.

> 	* Right now, you can't set a variable to the name of another
> variable. For instance, the default value of prompt is "${currdev}".

Looks like Mike just fixed that.

> 	* Right now (yeah, I'm emphasizing it :), EVALUATE doesn't work
> according to specs. It will silently ignore the count passed, and

Aye!

> say, I hope :-), I intend to fix this too. Alas, I haven't submitted
> this patch yet. Anyway, if you want to create strings to be

Aye! :)

- Jordan