Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:38:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas Good <tomg@mailhost.nrnet.org>
To:        David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some food for thought...just desserts!

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, David Johnson wrote:

> > Second conclusion:  We need to lobby ORA to put out a fleet of FBSD books.
> > I am thinking of writing an open letter to Tim O.  Wanna collaborate?
>
> I've got a lot of stuff on my plate already. Writing a letter is no
> problem, writing a book would be a lot of work. But I'm still thinking
> on it.

I don't know about writing a book myself - I was thinking of a
polemic of sorts...in the form of an open letter.

> Didn't there used to be an ORA BSD book years ago? I recall it was a
> generic Unix book, but geared towards 4.4BSD instead of their generic
> Unix books today that that are geared towards SysV and Solaris.

Yep.  4.4BSD Programmers Ref. is the one I have but there were several.
Now out of print.  I grabbed the ones I could find - at a place called
Computer Book Works on Warren St in lower Manhattan.

They also had McKusick's book which I grabbed.

Here's the number:  Computer Book Works
                    25 Warren St.
                    NYC
                    Phone: 212-385-1616
                    Fax: 212-385-8193
                    E-Mail:  bookman@cnct.com

I just called, they have one copy of 4.4BSD Programmers Reference left...

Cheers,
Tom

               SVCMC - Center for Behavioral Health
Thomas Good                          tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
IS Coordinator / DBA                 Phone: 718-354-5528
                                     Fax:   718-354-5056