Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2000 23:23:17 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <WeServeU@northnet.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: X Windows Problem

HEY! The ATI Expert 2000 is NOT supported!!!

I was in exactly the same position - I bought that card and it did the same
thing.

My advice:  Do not use that card for X. Remove it from your pc and swap in
another card that IS supported. In my case I had a DELL w/an STB Velocity
128. I simply swapped the cards and ergo the STB is now in my FreeBSD box
and it works like a charm.

So it's the card - as of right now that ATI card will not work in X. There
are supposedly some patches/fixes but i would not go that route. Just use a
fully supported card.