Date:      Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:20:25 +0100 (IST)
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steveo@eircom.net>
To:        Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad sound output, AudioPCI ES1371, 4.0-STABLE

On 12-Jul-00 Joseph Scott wrote:
>       I'm starting to suspect that somewhere I've managed to do something
> to cause this, other than just tracking -STABLE.  Unfortuntely I'm
> having a hard time coming up with something that I've done that would
> affect sound.

        I found a way to get horrible sound out of mine :).

        I added a couple of lines to my XF86Config (trying to get rid of the
lines that appear when sound plays), pci_burst_on and fifo_moderate were the
settings I tried. It seems the PCI sound can be sensitive to the (probably bad)
behaviour of other things on the bus, pulling 15 MB/s out of the UDMA/66
doesn't bother it at all but the built in AGP video can on my box it seems.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steveo@eircom.net>

        http://sohara.webhop.net/ A Better Way To Focus The Sun