Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:39:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Ilmar S. Habibulin" <ilmar@watson.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how can i wipeout swap pages?

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Terry Lambert wrote:

> To do what you want, which is to clean the backing pages, you
Yes, i mean cleaning pages in the backing storage.

> are better off doing it for all freed blocks, not just swap
> blocks (if someone can read your swap, they can read other data
> off your unallocated disk blocks from the FS, as well).
I clean UFS freed disk blocks, but i don't know how to do it from
swap_pager. :( there are some kva to phisical mapping, which i do not
understand. So i thought someone could point me how can write block from
swap_pager to the disk or where can i read more info (except McKusicks'
book and kernel sources).

PS. I can make patch, which wipes files(freed blocks) upon deletion for
-current, if someone is interested.