Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:33:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
To:        anderson@centtech.com
Cc:        blackend@freebsd.org, cjuniet@entreview.com, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/41106: FreeBSD Handbook lacks "Desktop Applications" chapter.

I'm not cringing at the concept of 'moderation'.  At the very least
you don't want spam to creep in or some other abuse (I'd hate for
someone with a chip on their shoulder to submit a "why kword sucks"
article), and more, there will probably be some need to edit a little
for language and tags.

I like "Port Mongers", as in "I'm a port monger for kde".  It's cute.

>  the "Port Mongers" or whatever to go to, fill in their information about a
>particular port, their experience, love, etc.  They submit it, and a small
I hope we can do something that has the look of docbook in the output.
I think the general handbook conventions for tagging filenames versus commands
versus anything else, and even putting href's is good style for many reasons.

But if it is more convenient to start off with html, suppose, that's fine
with me (except maybe a maintenance problem down the road).

>How does that sound?  If it sounds like the right path, I can whip this up and
>get us started.
Sounds good.  I'll be on travel much of this week, but I'd probably start
submitting next week if it were up.

-r