Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:20:24 -0800
From:      John Carri <jgcarri@pasadena.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        jgcarri@pasadena.edu
Subject:   Re: CVSup never finishes

Earlier I wrote about my never-ending CVSups:
>> And so on. It appears that the process of downloading patches complete=
s,
>> cvsup hits the "Cleaning up" phase, then fails to terminate and does t=
he
>> whole thing over and over and over.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
-------------------------------------
Bill Moran suggests:
>=09 This is a shot in the dark but ...
> Do you have a firewall and/or any type of filtering that could be
> causing problems?
--------------------------------------
CVSup worked fine a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't changed anything o=
n my=20
FreeBSD box since the last successful CVSup, other than trying several=20
different cvsup sources today.  I'm on a school network, though, and it's=
=20
possible that the network administrators have changed something campus-wi=
de.
Any way I could diagnose if this is the problem?

FWIW, I just tried building a port (CUPS), and that worked just fine, so =
FTP=20
transfers do not seem to be a problem.

TIA,
-John Carri