Date:      Fri, 28 Mar 2003 20:37:20 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely9.cicely.de>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
Cc:        ticso@cicely9.cicely.de
Subject:   Re: Ax88172 vs FreeBSD USB stack

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 11:16:55AM -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> Just FYI
>
> ng_ubt(4) (/sys/netgraph/bluetooth/drivers/ubt) driver
> (Bluetooth USB devices) makes use of two interfaces.

>From a look into the driver these interfaces serve different
protocols.
I asume they are unrelated from a logical standpoint, but I don't
know bluetooth technology.
We have a similar situation with ulpt, where we usually have up
to three interfaces with different capabilities.
ulpt currently pics one of them, but we could also have three different
ulpt instances taking each one of them.

Well the AC88172 PDF is very clear about having 2 interfaces.
The document also speaks about 4 endpoints, which I expect to be on
interface 0 as they also have listed endpoint number 0 - they don't
tell in the document.
What I currently don't know is why there are 2 interfaces.
The document also mentions some homenet capabilities on RJ11 - whatever
it means.
Maybe it's an hardware optional interface, which is disabled in this
special device.

For the ID strings - it seems that the hardware vendor just left the
string empty in the eeprom.

ticso@bwct.de                                  info@bwct.de