Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:19:11 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        dcs@tcoip.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Auto kernel module loading

In message: <3EA53B66.2070709@tcoip.com.br>
            "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br> writes:
: Ok. MMmmm. Damn, I want this. :-)

You can install current or 5.1-RELEASE.  I'm still refining how to
generate the tables automatically, which likely won't be in 5.1, but
may make it into 5.2.  A lot of driver work may be needed  to make it
easier, but that work isn't necessarily code...

Also, I mispoke.  You can have '/ device' loaded as a module by the
loader.  I have used ata as module in the past, but don't at the
moment (there may have been local hacks to make it work).

Warner