Date:      Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:06:48 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
To:        ritesh parmar <parmar@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Missing operating system message after neighborhood black out

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:40:32 -0800
ritesh parmar <parmar@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I posted a message a few days ago with the subject line "Why is Freebsd
> so unstable". I've gotten Freebsd to work after i posted that message
> but now i've got another problem.
>
> I came home today from work and found that the computer had been turned
> off (power went out in the whole neighborhood). I turned on my computer
> and now
> i get a "Missing Operating System" message. Both Windows  and linux can
> normally recover after an abrupt shutdown. Can freebsd also recover or
> do I have to re-install it every time the power goes out?

No, so many of us run mission-critical servers on FreeBSD because it is
completely unreliable. And we're forcing you to run it to lose all your
data.

I'm curious, did you tried to google for that message ? Are you sure the
computer was in FreeBSD when the power got off ? Sure ? Do you blame
FreeBSD, the other operating system or your boot loader ?

The way you are formulating your messages it almost seems to me you do
not want help, but just to annoy people who could help you set your
system you.

My 2c

--
IOnut