Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 15:31:19 -0400
From:      Stuart Krivis <stuart@krivis.com>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reiser and BSD.

Linux is pretty much a closed system. You're either in the GPL barrel, or
you're not using Linux.

BSD is much more open. The telling point is that the BSDL doesn't force you
into keeping the code open. The GPL forces you to tread the Golden Path of
Righteousness. :-)

And lo, RMS received the Word and it was good...

The outcome of the lawsuits by USL and the others is kind of funny. By
tying up BSD for a while, they prompted Linus into rolling his own, rather
than working on BSD. Now Linux is getting all the mindshare and the whole
Novell/SCO empire is crumbling. (Or has crumbled.)

--On Wednesday, May 23, 2001 7:42 PM -0600 Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>