Date:      25 Feb 2002 12:40:20 -0800
From:      swear@blarg.net (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Drive/Partition Copying Utilities

Chip Morton <tech_info@threespace.com> writes:

> Does the new version allow you to resize ext2 filesystems?  And has
> anybody added support for ext3 yet?  (I wouldn't expect so, but while
> I'm thinking about it...)

As I understand things (ie, not well), "ext3" is just software that
does things differently than "ext2" and the disk structures, etc,
are still "ext2".  I'd expect there to be some different info in
those structures or something, but I do seem to recall reading that
the partitions can be handled the same.  By all means investigate
further, but I didn't want you to just give up all hope too soon.