Date:      Tue, 9 Mar 2004 23:33:59 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Corey Mosher <corey@interchange.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Login Question

--rS8CxjVDS/+yyDmU

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 05:47:21PM -0400, Corey Mosher wrote:
> This might sound crazy but I'm wondering if it's possible and if so what=
=20
> software packages to look at.  I want to make it so that when I login to=
=20
> my windows xp (uh oh I used the w word in a freebsd list) machine it=20
> authenticates from my FreeBSD machine instead of xp.  I was thinking=20
> perhaps LDAP could do it but I'm not sure.
>=20
> You might ask why...I have no reason...I'm bored and need a new project =
=3D)

Samba 3.x can operate as a directory controller for a network of
windows machines.  Active Directory itself is little more than LDAP
and Kerberos with a fancy-schmancy front-end and a few niggling
changes to make it hard to integrate into a Unix based LDAP+Kerberos
setup, but Samba provides the glue that makes that possible.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way