Date:      Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:59:25 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        P Stalidis <pstal@it.teithe.gr>
Cc:        Gert Cuykens <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Are there actual any woman in the freebsd world

P Stalidis wrote:

> Interesting thread... Actually my ex-girlfriend would say
> "Dear, *your* sql server is down.... do you want me to bring it back
> up?" :-X

ROFL ... she must have been a super-geek.  It begs the question, "is
it a serious relationship if you know one another's root passwords?"

I know a lady [and we'll call her that because I'm OF (Old Fashioned?
Old Fart?) enough to think they should all deserve high respect] who
I consider something of a geek (recently contacted me via email to
discuss whether she should try setting their webserver up as an
"in house" project or leasing one "out there") .... Anyway, the other day
I zapped off an email to her and got it back real soon with some error
indicating (incidentally enough) that MySQL wasn't behaving and the
mail wouldn't be deliverable as a result.

So I called the company she works for 3 states away and mentioned that,
in case they were curious and didn't know already, their email server
was crying out for attention.

Some time later I saw her posting on a forum we both frequent, and
asked about the server as an aside to the conversation.  "It was only
down about *sheesh* 12 hours", she says.

As a result of that statement I now believe that she's either the
webmaster or has moved to marketing/middle management....

KDK