Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:35:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      c0ldbyte <c0ldbyte@myrealbox.com>
To:        Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sshd dieing? after applying FreeBSD-SA-03:12.openssh

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Ryan Sommers wrote:

> c0ldbyte wrote:
>>
>> Dude, that was 2 years ago in 2003 the year now is 2005
>> and the current date is 'Wed Apr 20 12:32:31 UTC 2005'
>> so umm, am I living in the future or are you dwelling on
>> the past ???.
>>

> Hey, dude, you aren't helping situations around here. This is one of many
> inflammatory remarks you've made in recent months. However, I don't believe
> you're doing it for the express purpose of trolling, so I'm going to give you
> the benefit of the doubt and advise you.
>
> I don't care for your attitude around here, not that that really means
> anything, but I'm sure others don't either. This is a public list and people
> are allowed to ask questions. No matter if you, or I, or anyone else
> considers them stupid. Asking for aid is what the lists are here for. Certain
> questions might be better directed to questions@ or current@, however, none
> deserve the treatment you are giving them. None of us have belittled you when
> you asked questions, you should extend others the same courtesy.
>
> You appear to have interest in FreeBSD and I don't want to turn anyone away
> from it or put a sour taste in their mouth. I have loved the same OS for a
> long time and like to watch it grow with new list membership, yours the same,
> however, hang the 'tude at the door and realize this isn't IRC. We help
> people here instead of giving them a snide remark and say, "RTFM".
>
> Sincerely
> Ryan.

Well first off that wasnt a snide remark. Second off it was sort of a
off lead question of why this was brought up now since it happened
2 or more years ago, but sorry you didnt catch that and that I didnt
make that more clear. Third off I dont tell people to RTFM unless I
allready know that its defined in the manual and they are asking basic
questions that should have allready easyily been picked up from the
manual which tells other that they have not read the manual correctly
correct ?. Anyhow that email that I sent that Im replying to now was
not meant to be taken in any harsh way. That email in question was
more of a fundamental way to extract certain information on why things
are the way they are now and get more insight in a less direct way.
But I appologize to any of you that may have felt hurt or upset at the
way that email was written and I tend to do alot of that sometimes
due to hell I dont know just do I guess but anywho best of luck to all
of ya.

PS: Dont mean to offend anyone. If I have drop my name in your ignore
list. Email dont have to be read just because its there.

Best wishes.
 	--c0ldbyte

- --
( When in doubt, use brute force. -- Ken Thompson 1998 )