Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 11:23:45 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sten_Daniel_S=F8rsdal?= <lists@wm-access.no>
To:        Jan Knepper <jan@digitaldaemon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Windows XP into FreeBSD 4.11 with mgetty

Jan Knepper wrote:
> Question....
>
> I have set up my FreeBSD box with mgetty:
>
> login.config:
> /AutoPPP/ -     -       /usr/sbin/ppp -direct
>
> ppp.conf:
> default:
>  enable passwdauth
>  enable proxy
>  set ifaddr 192.168.1.1 192.168.1.100-192.168.0.200
>  accept dns
>  set dns 65.204.18.242 65.204.18.243
>
> Plain and simple....
> Plain and simple for a Windows 2000 client that dials into the box,
> connects and works....

I might be on to something totally different but i seem to remember you
have to enable a connection mode where PPP must be active or passive,
which i think meant that it had to initiate PPP on winxp or freebsd
side. I think winxp and freebsd ppp are both in passive mode which means
none of them initiate ppp.
Please let me know how it goes offlist, i'll be doing something along
those lines next month.

--
Sten Daniel Sørsdal