Date:      Mon, 13 Feb 2006 21:11:01 +0900 (JST)
From:      chi@bd.mbn.or.jp (Chiharu Shibata)
To:        sos@deepcore.dk
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG, nork@FreeBSD.ORG, core@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/60163

At Sun, 12 Feb 2006 17:02:37 JST, you wrote...

>> To mount this DISC, your opinion is...
>> (1) at first, try "cdcontrol -f /dev/acd0c info" to make sure where
>>     track is data area.
>> (2) type "mount_cd9660 -o rdonly /dev/acd0t13 /cdrom".
>> Is this right?
>
>Yeah that used to work at least, if not it needs fixing of course..

Hmm, succeeded under your environment...

>Any chance you could put up a mirror of that disk image so I could burn
>me one exactly like it to test with please ? the one I had here of the
>sort seems to have gone amiss, making testing a pain..

My sample DISC is a commercial product. The copy is forbidden, of course.
However, about this problem, We may consider that it is not peculiar to
this product.
When I wrote that patch at first, some testers used another DISC, and
some result as me with/without patch.

A various situation, my environment does not change/update-to-current.
So I will collect testers again and have it investigated whether it can
mount via /dev/acdNtY or not.
If it can, I will withdraw about "1st Problem".

But "2nd/3rd Problem" remains as before, I want to ask your opinion
about these.
Moreover, the point that beforehand investigation of which track is
data area, this is very unreasonable restriction, I think.
--
Chiharu Shibata    chi@bd.mbn.or.jp    <http://www32.ocn.ne.jp/~chi/>;