Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2007 22:43:16 +1100 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Andrey <andrey.kosachenko@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: powerd doesn't decrease CPU frequency in some cases

On Mon, 24 Dec 2007, Andrey wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > Thank you, Aragon.
 >
 > Actually, your patch does the same as mine (but in a different way).
 > Thus we have at least 2 cases so far when the challenge is appeared.
 >
 > But I'm not sure if our solutions are the best way out.
 > And... I believe, that it would be wonderful if Nate Lawson take a look
 > here and evaluate the things we are talking through.

I've watched with amazement over the months seeing various problems with
machines having such as 2201 and 2200, or 2001 and 2000MHz frequencies.

It makes no sense to me at all that manufacturers would bother having a
separate frequency just 1MHz higher.  It seems ridiculous, and bogus.

Just an observation ..

Cheers, Ian