Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 02:19:30 +0100
From:      se@FreeBSD.org (Stefan Esser)
To:        p.richards@elsevier.co.uk (Paul Richards)
Cc:        se@FreeBSD.org (Stefan Esser), wilko@yedi.iaf.nl (Wilko Bulte), FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers list)
Subject:   Re: Racal Interlan ethernet card: any good?

On Dec 1, p.richards@elsevier.co.uk (Paul Richards) wrote:
> se@FreeBSD.org (Stefan Esser) writes:
>
> > I've seen them offered for less than $50 (by mail order).
> > They should be much better than the NE2000 PCI clones, which
> > require port I/O accesses to the on-board SRAM (and cost less
> > than $30).
>
> Where from? I've searched high and low for PCI cards and
> can't find them anywhere in the UK mags. ALl ads are for the Dec chips
> or NE2000 clones. If I could find one of these cards I'd do some more
> work on the driver, like implementing a 32 bit version for a start.

Sorry for the late reply. I had to find the information again, myself,
and now I just visited the web server that I had in mind ...

Try	http://www.mint-data.de/rest.html

You'll see an "AMD PCnet AM79C970KC Netzwerkkarte" offered for 89DM or
$50 + 15% VAT (which you don't have to pay if you buy the card for a
company ...)

Regards, STefan