Date:      Sat, 8 Feb 2020 09:42:13 +0100
From:      Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd@foucry.net>
To:        David Christensen <dpchrist@holgerdanske.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jail and dedicated zfs dataset

Le vendredi 07 f=E9vr. 2020 =E0 23:49:32 (-0800), David Christensen =E0 =E9=
crit:
> > Definitively I need to buy and read it.
>=20
> +1

:-)

>=20
> Both were created via ZFS replication -- e.g. I did a 'zfs send' on my
> previous server and a 'zfs receive' on this new server.
>=20
>=20
> So, I guess the definition of a "received" property source is that the =
value
> came from a 'zfs receive' operation (?).

Sound logical. Mine was created more classical way ` zfs create tank/root=
/mails`=20

> > But in the jail the Mouted on is [restriced]
> >=20
> > mail# df -h .
> > Filesystem         Size    Used   Avail Capacity  Mounted on
> > tank/root/mails    6.9T     88K    6.9T     0%    [restricted]
> > mail# pwd
> > /var/mail
>=20
> RTFM df(1) does not define "restricted".  I am seeing a pattern here...
>=20
>=20
> > I can, as root create folders. Is it weird or normal?
>=20
> Usually, root can create folders anywhere.  What matters is whether or =
not
> the user the mail server runs as inside the jail can create folders and
> files where it needs to.

Well seems it was the other problem side effect.

Postfix and dovecot does not start because the ipv6 address was locked by=
 the
host at jail startup time.

Change sysctl net.inet6.ip6.dad_count=3D0 allow those services to start c=
orrectly
AND now /var/mail is not [restrited] anymore. I think the 2 issues were l=
inked.

> YW.  Good luck.  Let us know what you figure out.

Thanks again for your time,
seems it's ok now.
--=20
Jacques Foucry