Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2000 14:06:02 -0700
From:      Jack Rusher <jar@integratus.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        mjacob@feral.com, freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SANs, disks, & devfs

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> We will obviously have to support both media-id and positional
> addressing, I don't think anybody seriously thought a media-id
> based system would be enough on its own ?

  I had gotten the notion from mjacob's last e-mail that he was against
a hybrid mechanism.  My feeling is that we need such a beast.  I have
yet to see a design that works better than the (admittedly hacked up)
Solaris approach.

--
Jack Rusher, Senior Engineer | mailto:jar@integratus.com
Integratus, Inc.             | http://www.integratus.com