Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 2003 20:43:14 -0800
From:      Peter Losher <plosher-keyword-freebsd.a36e57@plosh.net>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB->Serial Hub support? (Was - Re: Rocketport (rp0) mappingfailure on 5.1-REL)

On Tuesday 11 November 2003 09:57 am, Douglas K. Rand wrote:

> I went around with Comtrol on this just a while ago when we were
> getting another 32 port RocketPort card. I managed to find an old
> style card about a month ago. Comtrol at that time didn't have any
> plans to support FreeBSD for their new cards. I tried to persuade them
> that it'd be a good idea, but I'm not sure I got through to them.

FWIW - We have heard Q1 2004 for a FreeBSD driver supporting the uPCI
card.

In that case, has anyone been able to get any of the various USB Serial
Hubs (Comtrol sells one as well as Quatech) to work under the USB
drivers (Most of the manufacturers say "Windows 2000/XP")  Going to USB
would solve a lot of issues (esp as the old RP PCI cards are rapidly
going away)  Nature abhors a vacuum :)

Best Wishes - Peter
--
[ http://www.plosh.net/ ]