Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 2010 14:42:13 -0700
From:      Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: extra open ports in rkhunter

Carl Johnson <carlj@peak.org> writes:

> Anonymous <swell.k@gmail.com> writes:
>> Do you have some networking FS enabled (NFS, AFS, Coda, etc)? Perhaps,
>> one of them listens for connections from kernel and is not associated
>> with userland process. But it's just a guess.
>
> I have NFS enabled, but its processes are accounted for by both sockstat
> and netstat.

I decided to check out your idea anyways today, and it appears you were
right.  I disabled and stopped all NFS and rpc processes and those extra
ports disappeared from the netstat listing.  None of those ports are
listed as related to anything, so I don't know what is going on.  I had
just experimented with NFS for a while, so I will just leave it off.

Thanks for your suggestion.

--
Carl Johnson		carlj@peak.org