Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 1995 16:01:00 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        archie@tribe.tribe.com (Archie Cobbs)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: stray irq 7?

Archie Cobbs stands accused of saying:
> Re: stray irq 7?
>
> > I get this message on my 486.  Running 2.0.5-R.  I compiled the kernel without
> > lpt support but it didn't get rid of this error.  Any ideas?

Something is generating a bogus interrupt.  Braindead or faulty hardware is
the most likely cause.

> I get this occasionally as well. I've noticed that it happens mostly
> when I'm holding the middle mouse button down in X windows, like when
> scrolling back an xterm window, etc.

It's possible that this is your video card; make sure that the  IRQ9 jumper
is disabled.

> -Archie

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[