Date:      Wed, 06 May 2009 22:47:35 -0700
From:      JINMEI Tatuya / =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCP0BMQEMjOkgbKEI=?= <Jinmei_Tatuya@isc.org>
To:        Bob Van Zant <bob@veznat.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPv6 duplicate address detection

At Wed, 06 May 2009 17:17:52 -0700,
Bob Van Zant <bob@veznat.com> wrote:

> I guess that changes my question quite a bit. If you randomly fire off an
> unsolicited NA right after configuring an interface should that cause a DAD
> failure?

Actually, in that case you shouldn't send out the NA in the first
place because you're in the middle of DAD, trying to confirming the
uniqueness of the target address.  If you want to send an unsolicited
NA for an address on which DAD is performed for any reason, you should
wait until DAD is completed.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.