Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2014 17:00:10 -0400
From:      Julio Merino <jmmv@freebsd.org>
To:        Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-testing@freebsd.org" <freebsd-testing@freebsd.org>, freebsd-jenkins@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Smoke tests" for FreeBSD VM images?

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 2:40 AM, Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Craig and Julio,
>         One of the things I=E2=80=99ll be working on in the upcoming week=
s is automating merges to my fork(s). In order to make sure I don=E2=80=99t=
 merge broken code, I would (at the very least) make sure that I am not boo=
ting up a broken image. Is there a smoke test that has been added for deter=
mining that basic bits are functional (boot, basic networking, etc), and if=
 so, where could I find said results [in Jenkins, etc]?

The current test suite is not large enough to warrant having a
separate set of smoke tests, in my opinion. We can use everything for
now.

But no, this has not been added to Jenkins yet. Details on how to deal
with permissions need to be sorted out first...