Date:      Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:35:17 -0500
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9-beta1 installer - partition editor

On 08/31/11 08:28, Ivan Voras wrote:
> On 31 August 2011 14:45, Nathan Whitehorn<nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>  wrote:
>
>> It does let you set mountpoints, and displays them, and always has, but not
>> for bsdlabel container partitions (MBR type "freebsd"), since they aren't
>> filesystems. Is this what you were trying to do?
>
> Very probably - it was unclear to me that it still keeps the old
> slice-partition division but reverses the names. But, look at the
> screenshots here and see what went wrong:
>
> http://ivoras.imgur.com/installer__partitioner

OK, that's exactly what happened. It also doesn't reverse the names --
it just drops the term "slice" completely.

> If it is as you say, then the dialog where I entered "/" and "/srv"
> should definitely NOT have that field on it.

Well, no. It only applies to bsdlabel containers. For instance, were I
to want to mount an ext2 or fat32 partition directly under MBR, which
the installer can do (and create, in the case of fat32), the mountpoint
field is very important. What we *can* do is add a check that rejects
mountpoints for partitions of type "freebsd". I'll see if I can code
that up; it's too late for BETA2, however.
-Nathan