Date:      Thu, 19 Sep 1996 10:47:35 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        dave@persprog.com (David Alderman)
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DEC PCI CHIP QUESTION

> > From:          "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
>
> > > We just bought an ethernet switch that can configure it's ports as full
> > > duplex.
> >
> > And so did I...  :-)
> >

> Which one did you get?  I just love new toys!

A D-Link FlexSwitch DES-3205, seems to be working happily, but a one
man shop has a hard time streasing a 100MB/s switch very much :-).  Nice
thing is that it is a 10/100MB/s switch so I don't have to route between
my 2 segments anymore :-)

There is currently a product promotion on these for those who are
interested that includes the DES-3205 switch and 5 DFE-500TX 10/100MB/s
ethernet cards (DC21140 based, FreeBSD certified by AAC) going for the
grand old price of $2017 until 9/30/1996.  You should be able to find
full product details at http://www.dlink.com.