Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 10:26:55 +0400 (MSD)
From:      bag@sinbin.demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev)
To:        danny@panda.hilink.com.au (Daniel O'Callaghan)
Cc:        jay@oneway.com, droberts@gwis.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache/freebsd limits on vhost servers

> On Wed, 27 May 1998, Alex G. Bulushev wrote:
>
> > we now successfully run 380 vhosts (ifconfig on fxp0, not lo0) on single PC
> > using 2 class C network and i think that this is not a limit
> > no problem with arp table
>
> But if you treated your box as the gateway to the 2 class Cs on lo0, your
> arp tables would be nice and small, anyway.

correct, but in the case of aliases on fxp0 we can use random addresses from
the same network on several hosts, this is useful for ip-interfaces migration
to another host when primary host filed (fs mounted via nfs or coda)
~1000 arp entryes is not a problem yet :) what about some hashing
for arp and interface tables ?

   Alex.