Date:      Tue, 6 May 2003 22:32:49 +0200
From:      Marc Schoechlin <ms@LF.net>
To:        Tony Faoro <tmf@adtaq.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup'ing a jail'd environment

Hi !

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 04:52:17AM -0700, Tony Faoro wrote:

> I have virtual servers running on my machine which are currently at
> 4.7-STABLE. I obviously can cvsup and update the host environment, but am
> wondering what process to run to update the jail'd environment?
>
> Could I simply redo the 'make hierarchy/distribution DESTDIR=$MY_JAIL'
> with new source over the top of the old?

I think so :-))

After a complete update of your system via CVSup (including Ports),
it should be enough to rebuild the jail.environment.

Best regards

Marc Schoechlin
--

Gruss / Best regards  |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-413
Marc Schoechlin       |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33