Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:11:11 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Steve <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@medinet.si>, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail distribution

Steve wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSI.3.95.970422135205.682N-100000@buffnet11.buffnet.net>:

> Why dont you have to?  How would you avoid the problem of finding
> messages you deleted yesterday, in your inbox today simply because
> you ended up on a different pop server that day?

Because there are other ways to get around the problem :-) (Actually,
I've had a LONG debate with my bosses about this issue for something
done here, but that's another story).

> > 2) Ever heard of a NetApp? The principle is very simple. You put up
> >    several honkin NFS servers in the back, and as many POP3 server
> >    boxes as you like in the front, mounting from the NFS
> >    server. Delivery and other configuration is an excercise for the
> >    reader.

> But Freebsd doesnt have functiona NFS locking does it? or does netapp work
> around this somehow?

The people who I know definately use this solution (Netcom) don't use
FreeBSD (for some weird reason). I believe AOL doesn't use FreeBSD
either.

Gary