Date:      Mon, 22 Apr 1996 09:22:27 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Gennady Sorokopud <gena@NetVision.net.il>
Cc:        current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Aic7xxx driver update in current

>Hello!
>
>I tried the recent driver with and without the new option and
>my system refused to boot.
>At the fsck stage i got: (i copied it from the screen so it's not 100% correct
>)

Have you ever used tagged queuing with this drive before? That would
have been options AHC_TAGENABLE in previous kernels.  To ensure that
this is the problem, #if 0 out the block of code starting on line 1535
and ending on line 1568 in i386/scsi/aic7xxx.c.

If this does cure your problem, please try the original driver again and
send me *exactly* what the error messages on the screen are.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations