Date:      Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:47:01 -0600
From:      Programmer In Training <pit@joseph-a-nagy-jr.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spreculative: /bin2 & /usr/bin2 and alternative package/ports trees?

--------------enig6A1FF59D986118BA8C5F68E4

On 03/02/10 11:35, Chris Rees wrote:
<snip>
> Why does it make a difference with the prefix on where you put them?
> You shouldn't manually delete ports, anyway. You should deinstall them
> using the port...
>=20
> Chris

I think he's talking about how with Debian and apt you can specify
different repositories to install from without messing up the base
system. My problem with that is that dependency resolution quickly
breaks if you have one of the repositories out of sync with the others.

--=20
Yours In Christ,

PIT
Original content copyright under the OWL http://owl.apotheon.org
Please do not CC me. If I'm posting to a list it is because I am subscrib=
ed.