Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 2021 20:32:58 +0200
From:      Javier <nixlist@outlook.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Paritioning scheme on MBR disk doubts

Hi,

thanks for your answer with your experiences :)

Despite that you are true here:

> There are as many strategies for partitioning as there are system
> administrators.

I'm more interested in the *allowed* options, as the way FreeBSD does
things breaks *my* traditional MBR disk disposal and/or
understanding of space usage on a MBR partitioned disk, where I have
1-3 primary part..., sorry, slices ;), and loads (and when I mean
loads, I mean a few) of logical in an extended slice.

And, so, I want to be sure what is allowed given the questions I made.
If I'm correct in my assumption with the 3rd case shown, or totally
wrong.

Then, I could get a broader idea of what to do when I decide to
install on a physical disk (first I'll try on VM, and before waste
the time in a VM, better ask).

Hacking the intaller is way, waaaaay beyond my knowledge to do
things and without understanding the basics, worse.

I could do all automatic, but I'm those that prefer to do manually
knowing what I'm doing. Or at least, what is happening in the
background.

I think, somehow, this could be better explained at the beginning of
the installation in the HandBook.

Regards.