Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 2021 11:40:26 -0500
From:      Doug McIntyre <merlyn@geeks.org>
To:        freebsd-stable stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Deprecating base system ftpd?

On Mon, Apr 05, 2021 at 06:57:31PM +0300, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> On 05.04.2021 17:44, Cy Schubert wrote:
>
> > - remove ftp:// and http:// from libfetch. This is 2021 and we should all
> > use https://.
>   Please, explain how to setup simple sever which allows upload and on-server file management with https ;-)
>
>   I know letters "WebDAV", but I don't know any ftp-like client for it. And server is apache24, which is much more huge security target than simple ftpd.

WebDAV is not simple, is not straight forward to use, and is not a FTP like setup for HTTP.

I'd agree that libfetch requires ftp: and http: methods in it.

The server set somebody runs may allow only modern stuff in it, but my network has items in it
that only support the old stuff that can't be upgraded short of a forklift upgrade.