Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 12:38:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      dima@best.net (Dima Ruban)
To:        joda@pdc.kth.se (Johan Danielsson)
Cc:        dima@best.net, ludwigp@bigfoot.com, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kerberos su problems betw 2 machines

Johan Danielsson writes:
> dima@best.net (Dima Ruban) writes:
>
> > Make sure, lookup on both IP addresses on your interfaces gives you
> > _the same_ name.
>
> I don't think this is the problem. In MIT Kerberos 5, you can get a
> working multi-homed configuration by making sure that the hostname has
> A records for all it's interfaces. In Kerberos 4 (which we are dealing

I'm not sure that A records for all the interfaces would be enough.
Some time ago I've had a multihomed machine with krb5 and I'm pretty sure
all the IPs on the interfaces had an A record. And util I've fixed
all of them to resolve to the same name (hostname) this multihomed
configuration didn't work as it was supposed to.

> with here), only has room for one ip-address in the ticket, and the
> KDC chooses that address based on the ip-address the request was sent
> from.
>
> /Johan

-- dima