Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:21:51 +0100
From:      "Didier Wiroth" <didier.wiroth@mcesr.etat.lu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fixit cd how?

Hey,
I have corrupted my fstab file and I can't mount any drives anymore. Now I
would like to fix that with the fixit cd (freebsd cd 2), but how?

1) I have launched the fixit prompt from the cd
2) created a directory "/fix"
3) And now I would like to mount my harddisk's root slice (ad2s2a) to /fix
but I doesn't work!
/sbin/mount -t ufs /dev/ad2s2a /fix
Error message is "No such file or directory"
What is the problem? I does not find the ad2s2a device!
Why? What do I have to do?

Thanks a lot
Didier