Date:      Mon, 6 Dec 1999 19:41:15 -0500
From:      "Douglas Kuntz" <dakuntz@home.com>
To:        "Garrett Wollman" <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <hw@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Intel 810?

As others have stated, Socket370 boards arent all 810/810c...my 4.0-Current
machine was, until last week, a Celeron 366 Socket370 on a Shuttle 440LX
board.  Though, as far as I can tell, if you're going to use a Celeron PPGA
chip, save money and go with the LX or Via chipset based boards, and use the
saved money on ram or a larger harddrive.  Celerons are all 66mhz bus
speed...though, Intel has said they plan on releasing Socket370 Pentium IIIs
in 2000.

Though, on a sidenote, I really see no reason on getting a 100mhz Socket370
board to run a Pentium III on later, when, except for the clock speed
increase, a P3 is the same as a P2 with just the addition of SIMD
extensions, which I dont think FreeBSD uses yet.

Douglas Kuntz
Editor
PC Tech Reports
http://www.pctechreports.com