Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2000 08:15:18 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Booting 4.2

Hello,
I have installed 4.2 from CD.
Try as I might I could not install it as bootable.
I tried various permutations of installation.
I dedicated the whole hard disk of the PC I was trying
it on to BSD.
But I got zip when I booted.
So I installed a minimal linux installation,
then BSD and using Lilo, lo and behold it booted !

The CD installation went without a hitch.
Any clues ?
I have successfully installed and run 4.0 on this very
same PC (I use it as a spare test PC) without
any problem.

Thanks

Cliff