Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 16:03:30 -0400
From:      "leegold" <goldtech@worldpost.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   couple'a'questions

1.are the 3dfx Voodoo cards supported by FreeBSD?
or should the question be: supported by x-window (xfree86)?
bottom line would a voodoo2000 card work? - could not find mention of it in
any lists.

2a.  please explain the differences between (the different roles played by):
xfree86
gnome
enlightenment
I know there are many other equivalent software components that would serve
the same pupose (eg kde vs. gnome). But i gather each of the three
components play a role in windows presentation on a FreeBDS system - what
are they? i intend to install xfree86 durring the install - should/can i
install the two other components as well?

3.i'm installing from a cd-r.
i am installing FreeBSD in a pc, that has a (supported) ethernet card in it
and it's connected to an  ethernet hub hooked up to some nt workstation
machines. Will there be any impact w/being on an ethernet during my freebsd
install ?
What I'm asking is:  I want to defer networking set-up  and associate
configs. to another time - later. Cause i got enough of a learning curve
right now w/the install..
 - so, will the network connection be moot, durring the install ( not the
nic card, i expect FreeBSD to sense the NIC - but the network itself). Don't
worry if you don't see what I'm trying to ask - no sure i do either.

this mail-list is blessing  Thanks