Date:      Fri, 8 Feb 2002 20:39:59 -0500
From:      "Sid Lambert" <sid@jsisign.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Cyrus imapd

I am trying to setup Cyrus with imap and pop3 on a new 4.5-Stable box, I get
this error via syslogd.

Feb  8 20:39:28 mail pop3d[18497]: KERBEROS_V4: can't access srvtab file
/etc/srvtab: No such file or directory
Feb  8 20:39:28 mail pop3d[18497]:
add_plugin(/usr/local/lib/sasl/libkerberos4.so) failed: generic failure
Feb  8 20:39:29 mail pop3d[18497]: badlogin: Host[ip] plaintext user
Incorrect password

I can't auth users but I can login and use the cyradm with the cyrus user.

<cyrus@mail:/usr/local/etc> imtest -v -m login -u cyrus localhost
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * OK mail.host.comCyrus IMAP4 v2.0.16 server ready
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID
NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT MULTIAPPEND SORT THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREA
D=REFERENCES IDLE AUTH=DIGEST-MD5 AUTH=CRAM-MD5
S: C01 OK Completed
Password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {5}
+ go ahead
C: <omitted>
L01 NO Login failed: Incorrect password
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0

I am using sasl_pwcheck_method: pwcheck in imapd.conf

I have checked to make sure Kerberos is commented out of pam.conf

Sid Lambert.