Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2014 07:17:57 -0700
From:      "Dale Scott" <dalescott@shaw.ca>
To:        <dweimer@dweimer.net>, "'FreeBSD Questions'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: converters/php55-iconv

> Does anybody know if its possible to get the converters/php55-iconv port
> install on FreeBSD 10 without, installing converters/libiconv?

Installed ok for me. I built php5 from ports in order to build the Apache
module, then built php55-iconv from ports using php5-extensions.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD firefly.scc.local 10.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE #0 r260789: Fri
Jan 17 01:46:25 UTC 2014
root@snap.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
$ pkg info | grep iconv
php55-iconv-5.5.7              The iconv shared extension for php
$