Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 17:36:14 +0100
From:      "Ray Bellis" <rpb@community.net.uk>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Load balancing across 2 E1s?

I've an application where a customer wants to connect together two networks with a microwave link, where the microwave
link is terminated as two G.703 E1 (2Mbps) circuits in parallel.  I hope to use G.703 to X.21 convertors to interface
the circuits to PCI synchronous cards in a system running FreeBSD.

Is it possible to make FreeBSD load balance across the two circuits to give the expected 4Mbps circuit, or will I need
to use hardware muxes (and then find a 4Mbps G.703 to V.35 convertor)?

thanks,

Ray.

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director - Oxford CommUnity Internet plc
Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, OXFORD OX5 2PJ   UK