Date:      Fri, 23 May 2003 16:24:13 +0200
From:      "Willem Jan Withagen" <wjw@withagen.nl>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum problems on 5.1 beta

> Are you going to send in this information?  I can't do much without
> it, and if there is a problem in Vinum, I'd like to get it fixed
> before 5.1-RELEASE.

Turns out to be a false panic.....

I have this build server stashed in a corner which builds several version:
    4.8
    5.0
    current

And to be able to upgrade a box from 4.5 to 4.8 I had to do some tricks.
ammonst which I changed /etc/make.conf not to include any modules.

Needless to say that the first suggestion here was the right suggestion:
    vinum.ko
was greatly out of sync.

Setting all disks up with setstate, and off the system goes.

All bad things I thought of last days have been erased.

--WjW