Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:56:58 -0700
From:      "Brad" <brad@perfectcircle.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Weird ./configure errors

I'm having a rather odd issue thought I would try this list. It's not a =
critical issue but should probably be fixed up. It's when some of my =
users do a ./configure on the same eggdrop tarball, they get these =
errors:

checking for TclpFinalizeThreadData in -ltcl84... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
mv: Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
mv: doc/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating scripts/Makefile
mv: scripts/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not =
permitted
config.status: creating src/Makefile
mv: src/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: creating src/md5/Makefile
mv: src/md5/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not =
permitted
config.status: creating src/compat/Makefile
mv: src/compat/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not =
permitted
config.status: creating src/mod/Makefile
mv: src/mod/Makefile: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not =
permitted
config.status: creating config.h
mv: config.h: set owner/group (was: 1021/0): Operation not permitted
config.status: executing default-1 commands
creating lush.h
config.status: executing default-2 commands

Configure is done.

Now, I have tried compiling on the pre-made groups by fbsd such as wheel =
and staff and they compile with no problems. I have created groups for =
the package that each user purchased, silver, gold, platinum etc. and it =
would appear as though users in these groups are the only one's getting =
these errors. Again, while this does not seem to be causing any =
"noticeable" errors, it's probably not a good thing that mv is failing =
to set ownership. It also does not appear to be a permissions thing as I =
did testing such as chmod -R 777 on the home dir and still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

-Brad.