Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2011 11:07:39 -0500
From:      "kevin" <k@kevinkevin.com>
To:        "'Nikos Vassiliadis'" <nvass@gmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Bridging + VLANS + RSTP / MSTP

>No, you have to specify stp there. The default STP mode is RSTP.
>If you don't specify stp, you'll get a dumb ethernet bridge.

Thanks very much for clarification. This helps me immensely. My room for
testing is limited so this will help me take the right steps necessary.

One quick last question : would you recommend pfsync in this scenario,
between bridges? I've been hearing a lot of issues with pfsync but I'm not
sure what behavior to expect in a bridging scenario such as this one.