Date:      Sun, 22 Mar 1998 17:56:54 -0600
From:      Matthew Adcock <mjadcock@trojan.troyst.edu>
To:        "'freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: "The Project"

BJ,

I've written newspaper columns (political and computer), videos, news for broadcast and print, and even a few technical manuals.  I firmly believe we need to get this project off the ground.  I've been using FreeBSD for about a month now and have encountered many problems with little or no documentation to help.  What I've learned has been primarily by trial and error (and *many* hours of kernel recompiles).  The web offers little help and Lehey's book is extremely incomplete.

I think our first goal should be step-by-step instructions on how to do things basic to computer operation.  For example: installing packages, setting up devices, and setting up Internet access.

Your access to a server will be a great help.  I don't think we should even consider hard copy.  The only way to stay current is by publishing electronically.

Matt