Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 2009 12:52:47 -0500
From:      "Kahlil Erwin S. Talledo" <kstalledo@binarysalad.com>
To:        Bob Martin <bob@buckhorn.net>
Cc:        "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ispCP or alternative?

--Apple-Mail-21-753610215

Hi Bob,

which latest version of FreeBSD does hsphere supports? I heard alot of =
good stuff about it years ago and is not sure if they support 7.x now.. =
thanks in advance.

Cheers,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -=20
k a h l i l   e r w i n   t a l l e d o

tp: +1.284.440.0102
im: talledokai@yahoo.com
fb: www.facebook.com/kstalledo

"little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than
much knowledge that is idle."  - k. gibran

On Dec 9, 2009, at 12:18 PM, Bob Martin wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 8:45 AM, Michael W. Lucas
> <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> I'm in need of a general "control panel" solution for an ISP.  I'm
>> considering ispCP, but there appear to be several minor annoyances
>> with getting it to run on FreeBSD.  Other options include dtc
>> (/usr/ports/sysutils/dtc), CPanel, etc.  It appears that there's many
>> pieces of software that work only on very specific FreeBSD revs, some
>> that don't seem to have been used for several years, etc.
>>=20
>> Ideally, I'd have a piece of software with three levels of access:
>> admin level where our support staff could provision new domains, a
>> customer admin who could add and remove customer email accounts and
>> Web server access, and end-user access to their own email, =
forwarding,
>> etc.
>>=20
>> What are you folks using successfully?  Or, what have you tried to =
use
>> and wish you hadn't?
>>=20
>> Thanks,
>> =3D=3Dml
>>=20
>> --
>> Michael W. Lucas        mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
>> http://www.MichaelWLucas.com/
>> Latest book:  Cisco Routers for the Desperate, 2nd Edition
>> http://www.CiscoRoutersForTheDesperate.com/
>>=20
>=20
> We've been using hsphere for years with good results, but it sounds
> like it might be an 800lb gorilla for your needs. Not free, but plays
> very nice with FreeBSD.
>=20
> Plesk and FreeBSD don't mix.
>=20