Date:      Sat, 26 May 2001 13:18:31 +0100
From:      "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>
To:        Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello

On 26 May 01, at 12:41, Heiko Recktenwald wrote:

> > I found it safe and easy to install before.  Getting X, ppp, printers,
> > modem and so forth installed and running was not so easy, but as
> > a complete novice I expect it to take some time.
>
> You got it running ?

I did :-)))

I like the nuts and bolts feel of it.  I have only a 2Gb drive for it, so I
must be selective about ports.  I want X and a window manager but
don't really want a desktop for now.

I've just today had a high speed cable modem installed: 512Kbps
and permanently connected to my ISP.

I want in time to go over as much as I can to FreeBSD.

My work requires me, as do the habits of the rest of the world, to
use MShorrors for a lot of the time, but I want to use Unix when I
can.

Do I take it from your question that you did not get it running?

Stuart.