Date:      Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:48:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "V. Jones" <vjones62@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   jail performance questions

I'm thinking of using jails to improve security on a server
I am setting up.  Specifically, I would like to put Apache/PHP
in a jail, but I might like to set up 2-3 different jails for
different purposes.

I've found several examples showing how to set the jails up.
My questions involve system requirements.  Assuming plenty of
disk space, 1GB ram and a dual processor PIII 1.13Ghz system,
how many jails can I run?  Would I notice a significant
performance hit if, for example, I run three jails?